Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Jazz Corner


TEL_0441, originally uploaded by Thomas Lester.

This was a place I found on the Internet before we even left Jacksonville that I knew I wanted to visit. They have live Jazz every night of the week, and I don't mean a guy playing sloppy standards on the piano. I mean, they bring in talent from all over the country. Last night was a local quartet, "The Bobby Ryder Quartet". Big bad style songs, but in a quartet. Great singer sax player that sounded a lot like Tony Bennett.

This place was pretty pricey, but the food was fantastic, the atmosphere was great, and the jazz was swing'n! Oh... if you visit, call ahead for directions. It's not a big place, but every table is a "good seat".

Check out The Bobby Ryder Quartet: The Bobby Ryder Big Band - Local Flavor Live At the Jazz Corner

No comments: